Can’t find the perfect size pergola to suit your needs? We can custom manufacture a pergola to fit your exact space. Here is what you will need to do.
1. Measure up the perfect size pergola of your dreams.
2. Call our Customer Support Line @ 1-888-658-1658.
3. Provide us the Outside to Outside Post Dimensions.
4. OLT will provide you a rough quote after we discuss all the details with you. We usually charge $32/Sq Ft under 150 Sq Ft and $29/Sq Ft over 150 Sq Ft. This includes a shipping charge.
5. If you want to proceed, we request a 50% down payment before we schedule the unit into our production with the balance due when we provide you with a shipping tracking number.
6. Typically it takes 3-4 weeks to manufacture and ship your custom pergola to your residence.
*The maximum depth for any of our custom pergolas can only be
14 feet however we can manufacture up to 40 feet wide.
All of our cedar pergolas create a wonderfully defined space for your outdoor living enjoyment. Why not compliment your home or garden with this architecturally stylish and beautiful feature.
Your cedar pergola can be strategically placed to add privacy and focus the attention on the views that contribute to a sense of beauty in your backyard. Our cedar Pergolas also integrate well with your garden – many of our pergola owners like to grow vine plants and flowers on their pergola to add to their already impressive look and style.
Outdoor Living Today uses only PEFC certified Western Red Cedar in the construction of our pergolas. To find more about our sustainable forestry practices, please click this link here.
We recommend using a Post Mount Bracket to secure pergola posts to your foundation.
Although the pergola is stable and strong without installing a bracket, installation of the brackets will firm up the structure and lessen the amount of sway that may occur with your structure. In areas of high winds, please check with your local building authority to confirm suitability.
The First Step
The First Step is to line up your posts with the post mount brackets so you can drill the proper holes. Watch our Lining Up Posts & Brackets video to the right.
1. Line up Post Mount on bottom of post and mark hole location.
2. Using OLT’s footprint, drill holes in your foundation for Post Mount Rebar.
3. Make sure Post Mounts Brackets are installed at the proper height, adjust as necessary.
4. Fill drilled hole with Exterior Epoxy Glue as well as apply to Rebar Post.
5. Push or bang Post Mount Bracket in hole and let expoxy cure.
6. Line up Pergola Post holes previously marked with Post Mount Bracket holes.
7. Slide 6” carriage bolt through holes.
8. Slip washer on and tighten nut with wrench.
9. Complete remaining posts.
The Second Step
Different surfaces will require different styles of post mounts. The Second Step is to follow the specific instructions for either an Existing Slab Installation (see video here), or for Concrete Set Up Installation (see video here).
On the morning of the delivery, call the carrier to confirm your shipment is on schedule. Carriers typically deliver between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – make sure you are present or have someone available to receive the shipment.
Make sure your delivery location is easily accessible to the truck and driver. Move vehicles if necessary. Drivers are not allowed to deliver freight that they deem dangerous to themselves or that may damage your property etc.
When the Truck Arrives:
While the unit is still in the truck, confirm the shipping label has your name, address and is the correct product. If not, call us immediately.
Damages – IMPORTANT
At the time of delivery, DO NOT SIGN until you have inspected the freight! Look inside the truck to make sure the unit is not damaged before unloading.
Occasionally thedriver will be in a rushand want you to sign quickly. It is your right to take a few minutes to inspect the freight.
If you notice any damages, please make the notation ‘damaged’ on the delivery receipt upon signing for the receipt of the goods. Take pictures of anything you think looks like damage, including the pallet and call our Customer support line at 1-888-658-1658.
If there is damage, it is usually quicker and easier to send replacement pieces.
It is our policy to replace any broken or damaged pieces immediately and to your satisfaction if this notation is shown on the proof of delivery on the carrier’s copy.
Remember – You do not have to accept the freight! If your freight shows catastrophic damage, ie – not on a pallet or with multiple pieces broken and sticking out and without our plastic wrap, you can refuse the delivery. Please call our customer support line at 1-888-658-1658 immediately so we can advise you how to proceed.