Sunshed Garden Shed | 8x8
The 8 ft. x 8 ft. Sunshed Garden Shed is the ideal space for any home enthusiast. Use it as a greenhouse to get an early start on your growing season, transform it into a hobby house or a retreat, or use it as a simple storage solution. No matter what you choose, we’re sure you will love this unique, attractive, and extremely functional storage unit.
The panelized walls feature Western Red Cedar cladding already attached to the wall framing at our manufacturing facility.
When you add a product to your shopping cart the price will default to a Standard Plywood Roof. You can leave it as is with the Standard Plywood Roof or you can choose to upgrade to either a Metal or Western Red Cedar Shingle Panelized Roofing System to best suit your needs!
Installation is easy and safe and requires no dangerous, time-consuming cutting – simply screw or nail components together with the supplied hardware.
Assembly takes two to three days to complete with a helper and the kit includes a detailed homeowner’s assembly manual. Weekend and evening assembly assistance is available through our toll-free customer support line at 1-888-658-1658.>
The 31 in. wide Dutch Door (2 pieces) gives the unit a charming look while providing additional functionality for you. The greenhouse is 384 cu. ft. and packs a ton of storage capacity due to its 85 in. high wall on one side. Six functional aluminum windows with screens and locks offer great ventilation and security, while at the same time keeping the bugs out. Four flower boxes are also provided adding even more curbside appeal.
One side of the roof utilizes a 6mm thick twin wall Polygal panel that is translucent, allowing filtered light to pour in – great for growing all your vegetables and working in!
The Sunshed Garden Shed also includes a 16 in. deep L-shaped full-wall workbench, creating a convenient place to work or store your supplies.
The Sunshed Garden Shed is made entirely with renewable resources and accepts a wide range of finishes to help you create a personalized look.
The entire unit ships on a pallet via a motor freight company directly to your residence. See our home delivery options to learn more!
Finger Jointed Bevel Cedar Siding
(Wall Siding Standard with Shed)
What is Finger Jointed Bevel Cedar Siding?
Finger jointed bevel siding (wall cladding), is lumber made from high grade short pieces of cedar, joined together to make longer pieces of wall siding. The joints fit together like interlacing fingers that are glued together.
The use of finger jointing by our forest industry is good for our environment. It enhances the recovery from our natural resources by allowing the use of small pieces of lumber.
These would otherwise be put into landfill or into significantly less valued uses.
Quality and Value:
Finger jointed cedar enables the use of beautiful Western Red Cedar siding, at a fraction of the cost of non- finger jointed lumber.
The finger jointing process has evolved over the years, with this lumber having the added benefit of enhanced stability for use by our valued customers.
Staining and Painting:
Cedar is desired for its aesthetic qualities. Its natural beauty has a wide range of color variations. (blonde, to earthy red, to brown).
As these finger jointed boards are made up of small pieces joined together, you will see a mix of colors in one piece of siding.
These natural colors, and the architectural look of the finger joints, may be enhanced with a variety of clear stains; or given a more uniform look with solid or semi-solid colored stains.
We hope you enjoy this option!
Architect Knotty® Cedar Siding
(Wall Siding Upgrade for Shed)
Architect Knotty siding (wall cladding) are solid pieces of cut to length lumber that contains no open characteristics or through defects that are glued together.
Due to our shed designs, we utilize shorter lengths of siding that home builders have difficulty using in typical house construction.
Due to the increase in demand for this length of siding, more and more siding is being utilized in our sheds and not ending up being wasted.
Quality and Value:
Grading Architect Knotty siding for your shed consists of examining each piece of siding prior to assembling the shed wall to make sure it has the best appearance and strength at time of manufacturing.
Our knotty siding has a warmth and casual charm and is ideal for garden sheds with it’s rustic appearance.
Staining and Painting:
Architect Knotty® Cedar Siding is particularly well suited for staining or priming/painting.
During our siding manufacturing process, the exposed piece of siding receives a saw textured face. Due to the increase in exposed wood fibers, more stain will be absorbed and add to the durability and longevity of you shed.
Plywood Roof System
Plywood Roof System:
When you add a product to our shopping cart the price will default to a Standard Plywood System. ½” thick plywood will be cut to size to fit properly on your rafters overhanging on front, rear and sides. Fasteners are included to secure plywood to roof rafters. You will need to purchase, at your own expense, the type of roofing material suitable – such as asphalt, metal, slate or solar.
- More cost efficient, able to satisfy possible building department by-laws
Metal Roof System
Metal Roof System:
If you have decided on our Metal Roofing System, the following materials will be included with your shed kit:
- 1×4 Western Red Cedar Roof Battens (cut to length)
- 26 gauge Drip Caps
- 26 gauge Galvalume Roof Panels
- 26 gauge Ridge Caps
- All necessary hardware to attach the roofing system correctly
Metal roofs are designed to attach to roof battens. Battens are supplied and cut to fit so no dangerous and time consuming cutting will be required.
Once battens are attached, install the Galvalume drip caps to front and rear facia.
‘Galvalume’ is similar to galvanized steel and is a hot-dip process. Instead of using 100% zinc as in a galvanized roof, the dip is 55% aluminum, 43.5% zinc and 1.5% silicon, providing additional weathering protection.
- Zinc bonds with the steel surface to create a barrier for corrosion-causing moisture
- Aluminum naturally resists corrosion and reflects heat
- Silicon enhances the adhesion of the coating, keeping it in place when the steel is rolled, stamped or bent
Simply lift and secure precut Galvalume Roof Panels onto battens and secure with included self tapping screws.
Galvalume weighs 100 to 150 pounds per 100 square feet and contains about 35% recycled steel post-consumer content.
To complete, place Galvalume Ridge Cap on the apex of the shed and secure with supplied fasteners.
Western Red Cedar Shingle Roof System
Western Red Cedar Shingle Roof System:
If you have decided on our Western Red Cedar Roofing System, the following materials will be included with your shed kit:
- Western Red Cedar Shingle Panels. Cedar Shingles will be already attached to the ½” plywood roof sheathing. Roofing paper will be included between plywood and shingles to prevent water penetration
- Seam Filler Shingles – our proprietary designed Filler Shingles are included to be attached to roof panels to create a seamless and tight roof
- Western Red Cedar Roof Ridge Caps
- All necessary hardware to attach the roofing system correctly
Shingles will have a 6 ½” exposure to prevent premature cupping and deterioration of the shingle.
Simply lift each panel up and place on roof rafters. Attach each panel and then position our proprietary filler shingle in roof seams.
To complete, position roof ridge caps on roof apex and attach with supplied fasteners.
- Assembled dimensions: 110 in. W x 99 in. D x 115 in. H
- Floor Footprint = 96 in. W x 91 in. D
- Western Red Cedar construction for durability, strength and beauty
- 384 cu. ft. storage capacity is large enough to grow your seedlings, or store most of your supplies
- Panelized assembly pieces – no time-consuming, dangerous cutting required
- Floor included (2 ft. x 4 ft. cedar joists and floor runners and 5/8 in. thick precut plywood for your convenience)
- Panelized wall and roof design features OLT’s proprietary cedar lap siding and shingles
- Panelized walls include Western Red Cedar cladding already attached on 2×3 wall framing
- 6 mm thick twin wall Polygal polycarbonate translucent roof panels allow filtered light in – polygal panel R-Value is 1.53
- 16 in. deep L-shaped full-wall workbench provides a great workspace
- 31 in. wide Dutch Door (top and bottom) provides additional functionality and a charming look
- Six functional aluminum windows with screens and locks
- Four flower boxes for underneath windows provide added charm
- Walls, windows, door, and roof can all be orientated in different configurations to suite your needs
- Foundation material not included in kit – we recommend preparing your foundation prior to the shed’s arrival
- Assembly time is approximately 2-3 days for two people depending on level of experience
- Product ships unstained and accepts a wide range of finishes to help you create a personalized look
- Made entirely with renewable resources for environmental friendliness
There are 3 different roofing options available:
- Plywood Roof Panels. Customer will supply their own roofing material
- 26 Gauge Galvalume Metal Roof Panels with cedar wood battens
- Western Red Cedar Shingle Roof Panels. Shingles already secured to ½” thick plywood roof sheathing
If you ordered a liftgate delivery:
The driver will take your skid to the back of the truck, place it on the liftgate, lower it to the ground and place it next to the truck.
- Use the plastic shipping tarp to cover and protect your pieces until you are ready start your project. When finished using it for this…repurpose it!
- If liftgated down, take a minute or two to cut the straps and pull off the tarp. Check for corner damages, wood chips, sharp cuts and gouges in the product and if the pallet is broken.
Hand Offload Only:
If you did NOT order Liftgate Delivery, you will have to hand offload:
The driver will take your skid to the back of the truck, cut the straps and hand the pieces down to you. Most individual pieces weigh no more than 30-50 lbs.
- There is a time limit of 15-20 free minutes so it is best to have someone there to assist you.
- If hand offloading, briefly check all the pieces as they are handed to you.
On the Day of the Delivery
- On the morning of the delivery, call the carrier to confirm your shipment is on schedule. Carriers typically deliver between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – make sure you are present or have someone available to receive the shipment.
- Make sure your delivery location is easily accessible to the truck and driver. Move vehicles if necessary. Drivers are not allowed to deliver freight that they deem dangerous to themselves or that may damage your property etc.
When the Truck Arrives:
- While the unit is still in the truck, confirm the shipping label has your name, address and is the correct product. If not, call us immediately at 1-888-658-1658.
Damages – IMPORTANT
- At the time of delivery, DO NOT SIGN until you have inspected the freight! Look inside the truck to make sure the unit is not damaged before unloading.
- Occasionally the driver will be in a rush and want you to sign quickly. It is your right to take a few minutes to inspect the freight.
- If you notice any damages, please make the notation ‘damaged’ on the delivery receipt upon signing for the receipt of the goods. Take pictures of anything you think looks like damage, including the pallet and call our customer support line at 1-888-658-1658.
- If there is damage, it is usually quicker and easier to send replacement pieces.
- It is our policy to replace any broken or damaged pieces immediately and to your satisfaction if this notation is shown on both yours and the carrier’s copy of the proof of delivery.
- Remember – You do not have to accept the freight! If your freight shows catastrophic damage, ie – not on a pallet or with multiple pieces broken and sticking out and without our plastic wrap, you can refuse the delivery. Please call our customer support line at 1-888-658-1658 immediately so we can advise you how to proceed.
For a more detailed read:
How to Receive Big Package Deliveries Over 150 lbs
Delivery Times and Delays
- The time it takes to do home deliveries can be unpredictable.
- Traffic and weather can cause delays.
- Morning appointments are usually met, however it is possible that afternoon deliveries may be delivered late or not at all that day.
- If you are concerned, contact the carrier terminal to make sure they are on schedule.
- When making your initial appointment, request a morning appointment if possible. You can also enquire if the carrier does weekend deliveries.
- Be sure to ask for a weekend contact and phone number.